Happy Girl!

Happy Girl!

Friday, September 14, 2012

We are home!

We all felt great being home last night.  Zoe was asleep in the car when we left the hospital, was greeted by a warm bath, cried through the whole thing since it was torture I'm sure, then propped up in our bed on a new bean bag for the 950th showing of Tangled.  We got started on the medications, and like clockwork I got up very three hours to administer something to her so she would sleep peacefully.  We both (ha! ALL three plus the dog) got a GREAT night's sleep.

Family and friends stopped by for a little bit, and Zoe's chipper spirit was back.  Smiling, giggling, hugging, kissing, and bossing around (of course) is back in full swing.  She can't do much of anything physical yet, but I'm not expecting her to.  Dr. Swift said she would let us know when she's ready to do any of that.

We are up and relaxing this morning.  Jay headed into work for what he hopes to be a short day.  It seems like a nice cloudy day which always makes for a calm environment.  Thanks again for all of your prayers.  I wish there was a way Zoe could hug each of you because she would.  There's just nothing better than seeing your child start to feel better and function like her old self.  God has a plan for all of this, and sometimes it feels there is no rhyme or reason, but I'm constantly reminded of what was said in Isaiah 55:8-11,

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
Zoe finally home and huggin' on her Mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment