Happy Girl!

Happy Girl!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rough Night

The doctors just came and checked on her, and they think she might go home today. That would be awesome, only if the the I.V. could come with us too. She was very uncomfortable during the night even with all the morphine, Valium, and Codine/Tylenol combo. I ended up in bed with her around 3:30 just to keep her calm and let her try to sleep. I think she would look around briefly and not be able to see me, so she would cry out, "Mama!" in her hoarse little voice. I just wish there was more I could do for her. Currently, Zoe is sipping on cold apple juice watching Toy Story. She's been sweating all night, but she yells if you take off any of her friends or blankets. She's a grrrreeeaaat patient ;)

During the night, I was praying over her sitting in her bed, and I prayed specifically for angels to just watch over her and be in this room. I specifically prayed for one to sit at the end of the bed. At that moment, I felt the presence of the Lord immediately and Zoe went to sleep instantly. She was so peaceful for a good two hours too.

My mom reminded me of a scripture this morning that was very energizing and encouraging. Isaiah 40:27-31

27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the Lord, and my right is disregarded by my God"?
28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

We are open to visitors today. Zoe would love a visit from some friends. Hopefully we can get her in the wagon soon and take her for spin around the floor. She's not interested in moving right now. We are at Medical City, Room 615D. Also, Starbucks Via packets are the greatest invention ever. Besides neurosurgery of course.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to find a moment of peace, Brooke. Your presence is the greatest present to your sweet Zoe. You are all in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete