Happy Girl!

Happy Girl!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Long time no see!


We have had several big things happen back to back around here, but finally things are settling down a little bit....

There's been a big change as most of you know.  I will not be returning back to Lovejoy High School to teach this fall.  It has and will continue to be a very big adjustment for me, but it's been the best (and hardest!!) decision I've ever had to make.  When you come face to face with your reality, it always has the potential to be a little daunting.  I realized that although my heart, my talents, and my strengths are utilized best standing in front of a choir, my calling right now is to serve my family full-time.  I am very excited about this new revelation, but I've been very overwhelmed by the tug of emotions with leaving the job and people I love.  I had the perfect job, the best students, the most talented and dedicated colleagues, and a very fulfilling career ahead of me, and I chose to leave all of that behind in order to follow a different plan.  God is in control and knows exactly what He's doing.  I wouldn't have chosen everything to happen in this order, but that's not always up to us.  I will be thinking of all of my sweet friends and students as they go back to work and school in the next couple of weeks.  I love you all, and I will be here for you when you need me.  You are amazing and inspiring, and it's been an honor to work with each of you.

On the home front, we have just completed several big projects at the house!  Yard work, cleaning and organizing, then re-organizing because you're not real sure where things should go in a place you've just moved into.  We hosted our family from Florida for a few days, and Maddy was here for a visit.  Zoe now has new flooring in her room that matches most of the rest of the house!  She has the freedom to go anywhere her little heart desires in our new house and has the curiosity and mobility to get into all kinds of trouble now.

She is keeping me busy to say the least.  I look forward to Mondays and Fridays when our sweet Jenna comes to help out ( /entertain/clean/play!).  She has really blessed our family so much this year, and we are very sad to see her leave for college in a couple of weeks.  She has touched our lives in a very special way and has been with ME through thick and thin this year.  Zoe is a better person because of her giving spirit, selfless attitude, and diligence to serve those in need.  Jenna, we will miss you!!!!!!  We are also in desperate need to fill her shoes....if you know anyone 18 or older who can help us with our respite hours and doesn't mind playing with Zoe a few hours a week, let me know!!

It's August already, and things are finally slowing down just a bit.  We are learning to cook on our new Big Green Egg, going swimming......lots, adjusting to a more relaxed schedule, searching for the best Mother's-Day Out program, I'm finally running again, and we are of course praying for Zoe as always.

Here are some hi-lights from the last few weeks.

Maddy (AKA "Sissy") came for a fun visit!

We squeezed in a trip to Arkansas to stay at Reba and Johnny's lake house!  Cliff diving, swimming, and good food....Zoe especially loved cheering for everyone as we jumped off the cliff.  

Zoe had her first ice cream cone from CHICK FIL A (also known as "Chicken-Fil-Laaayyyy")
Also, Zoe's first tattoo.  Hello Kitty naturally.

Dallas Arboretum is always a hit, except for now in this heat...I think we'll wait another month of so before venturing out there again.

We loved out visit from Papa and Gramma.

Rachel came too!!!

Our first tea party with a couple of very sweet friends from down the street.

Our new floors and a big girl bed! 

Silly time right before bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to all of the family cousin Brooke, Jay and Zoe! I love reading about Zoe's progress and the Grall's life in progress. I am sure she will flourish in her new house and that all of you will be held in God's arms. Brooke, have fun staying home this year. I have never regretted staying home with my 4 boys. Zoe is really growing up fast and is just precious.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete