Happy Girl!

Happy Girl!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cupcakes, Laundry, and Elmo "Treet"

What do all those things have in common???  It's Wednesday of course!  What a crazy evening it's been!  I couldn't wait to pick up Zoe this evening...we have been a little out of touch for the past 10 days and tonight was going to be a good night to just play and hang out.  Jay even got to get home a little earlier than usual :)

Zoe's been battling an ear infection this week...no bueno, but she of course is managing it well.  She actually told her teacher at school the other day, "Ouch!" as she pointed to her ear.  We have communication guys!!!  Yay!  But sad for her.  She's still suffering from some stiffness too.  Poor baby can't catch a break!!!  We are ready for her to be back 100%!!

I had a moment last night while giving her a bath.  She was pretty mad about something and was letting me know all about it.  Immediately, that guilt started creeping in telling me that I wasn't home enough and I had no idea what to do to help her......it was terrible and made me feel so rotten inside.  Thankfully, Jay had just gotten home and popped his head around the corner just in time to help.  I realized then, that we as mothers will always wonder if we're good enough, if we're confident enough, if we can handle everything life throws at us.  I am not always going to have answers, I'm going to have hard days, I can't "do it all," and I will be completely confused by my child at times, but I love her more than life itself, and nothing compares to that.  God gave me a job to do (several actually), and I will continue to do my best and I will try again the next day.  That's all any of us can do.

Cupcakes are made for Zoe's class party, laundry is just about done for the night, house is ready for guests, presents are wrapped, and I'm running on fumes at the moment.  Can't wait to see everyone this weekend though.  Sweet Zoe is getting so excited to see everyone too!   

Tonight, Zoe asked over and over again "treeeet!!!" and I had no idea what she was saying until she added Elmo to the request.  She was saying Elmo Treet instead of Sesame Street......She wanted to watch Sesame Street so bad!!!  It's quite perfect that Elmo is the theme of the party this weekend :)  Hey, I at least I got that right this week!  There's still hope.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Zoe! Have a great weekend celebrating. And I hope you guys are planning to see Elmo Live in a few weeks at Verizon Theater in GP...we'll be there for the 5:30 show on March 4th (Saturday?? I think that's the 4th). I would be thrilled to see you and meet Miss Zoe!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete