Happy Girl!

Happy Girl!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to work we go!

Hello, 2012 and hello, routine!!  That is one thing we are all ready for again!  The last 2 weeks have been absolutely amazing around here, but it's time for school to start for me and Zoe, and it's time for Jay's work to kick off again.  We all enjoyed sleeping in until 8:30 everyday, staying up way too late (even Miss Thang), shopping at Watters Creek, playing outside in the beautiful, mild weather, hanging out with "Sissy" (Maddy, from Georgia), and catching up with those special loved ones.

I don't say this enough, but I truly love spending time with my family.  I gave up more organized gatherings in these last 2 weeks than I ever thought I would, just to east shells 'n cheese (Zoe's newly discovered favorite food) with my almost-23-month-old.  We toasted Matt and Robin (my sister and bro-in-law) with Zoe in our arms at 10:30 on New Year's Eve, instead of going to a party.  I stayed in my pajamas playing all day on our dusty hardwood floors just because I didn't want to miss one precious moment with Zoe.  She's growing up each and everyday.  Jay and I found just about every beautiful LED-lit tree in the metroplex just to hear Zoe's enthusiastic squeal of joy when she shouted "tcheeee!!!" I got to hear her cheer with the rest of us when my sister got engaged the day after Christmas.  Got to FaceTime with my in-laws on MY Christmas present, my new MacBook Pro!  Zoe gave the sweetest kisses and hugs through the screen.  I'm sure it sounds like everyone else when I say this, but I love my family and can't get enough of them!  I also have the BEST parents in the world who drop everything when we pop in and rush over Christmas day just to see Zoe's new lego table.  They love her so much.  They love their kids so much.

I have a lot to learn about life, but 2011 taught me how to put my family first.  See, when you have a little bit of Zoe and Jay in your life, it's easy.  Zoe keeps me on my toes, and Jay keeps me in check.  And they both keep coming back, even when I mess up.  There's pretty much never a dull moment around here.

We are all excited about the new year.  Jay and I are training for our 2nd half marathon.  He will actually get to run it in March, but I'll run it solo while on Choir Tour in the Hill Country!  We enjoyed training together this past fall for the Scottish Rite Marathon.  We keep each other encouraged and accountable, so I'm doing it without getting the medal this go around.  We get to celebrate Zoe's 2nd birthday next month....pretty sure a princess party is in the works!!  We are prayerfully awaiting a doctor's report this week regarding a pending procedure for Zoe.  I am excited about the spring semester at school - musical, solo and ensemble, UIL, spring trip, Pop Show...it's all good stuff!   We are also hopefully selling a house this spring.  We will put it back on the market next month most likely.  That's about all we know to expect in 2012 so far.  Not bad for January 2nd.

I will do my best to blog and post pictures and video.  I know you're probably not interested in my life as much as Zoe's, but as you can see we are a little busy around here.  Everyone's busy though, so that's not a valid excuse!  Hope your Christmas was joyful, your New Year's celebration was memorable, and that you got to spend time with the special people in your life.  As hard as it is, let's all try to to find time to love our families and dear friends a little more this year.  They keep us going when things are good and bad.  Love to all and have a great week of getting back to routine!!!

Here are some favorite pictures from the last couple of weeks.
Tell "Tanta" she wants something BIG! 
At the Dallas World Aquarium
Opening Bella her "baby" on Christmas morning
Christmas Eve at Grammy and Papa John's
Zoe and Papa John
Zoe discovered her love of unwrapping presents and playing with the paper and bows
Sleeping in on Christmas morning?????  Probably our last....
Zoe up with Daddy, probably in the middle of the night
Zoe opening her new favorite "no-man" from one of her sitters, "Aunt Deb"

2 comments:

  1. I really look forward to all of your entries on my favorite little person. She is definitely fun to "follow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very heartfelt and meaningful update Brooke. (as I sniff and wipe my eyes reading it) Our family really enjoyed spending so much time with yall this holiday season. You, Jay and Zoe are such a blessing to us. And Zoe is SHINING!

    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete